Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 21

I read the article on "How Gather hopes to be the Myspace for books." I hope it works, although I'm afraid music has more of an appeal to the masses. I read the WebJunction article: Building a Social Networking Environment at the Library. It's always had to get everyone on the same page...especially where technology is concerned. Everyone has different experiences...not all of them positive, which really influences the person's outlook. I joined the 23 Things on a Stick Ning, and I found the knitting group- joined them!



Visit 23 Things on a Stick


Badge

I uploaded a picture of the library's new carpeting. The shot is of the stacks looking toward the old part of the building.


Visit 23 Things on a Stick


I had trouble choosing...so many choices!!

I tried to put a trivia widget here, but I couldn't because I don't have exec priviledges. We need exec priviledges to download programs on our computers...but I thought we just copied the embed code in our blog. I don't know why I would have to download the program on the computer.



Never mind...I got it!!

I wasn't a member of any online community until I went through 23 things...now I feel like I'm a member of them all!! I really like Craftster, and will probably continue using that one. It's always wonderful to have somewhere to go with your questions...no matter what hobby you're involved in. Personally, I prefer belonging to a quilt guild where you interact face to face with real people, but I realize not everyone has that option...which makes this nice to have as a back up!!

No comments: