Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing 18

I was familiar with youtube before doing 23 things. The first time I used youtube was to learn how to tie a windsor knot. My husband needed to wear a tie to a funeral. Google Video and youtube are pretty much the same thing...just different homepages...on both homepages there are both google videos and youtube videos. I watched the 70s toy commercials, and really enjoyed them. I had a "Little Kiddle" myself...Lily of the Valley! The link for music videos took me to "Extreme Catapillar Breakdance" -I'm not sure that was what I was suppose to see. I went to some great 50's music clips, and a music video of the Everly Brothers doing "All I Have to Do Is Dream." I watched the library dominos video, but don't think I'll be setting any books up for another go. The library tour was really neat...great for big libraries!! I hope the library ad doesn't encourage patrons to try that in our library!! The joke was very cute...but blonde women might take offense. "Conan the Librarian" was a little more aggressive than we normally are! The web 2.0 video really makes you think...at the end when it lists the things we will have to rethink! I watched "The March of the Librarians" I liked the original movie better. I hope singing in the library doesn't catch on! The IT vs Librarian had a good message!I really enjoyed the video on discovering the book...it was easy to think of the first time on the computer while they were going through that!!

No comments: