Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thing 19

I love Gcast...especially the idea of putting a child's voice on as they grow from infant through the different stages. What a wonderful keepsake that would be. How about a podcast of an adult reading a children's book.
I listened to the podcast of Wanda Erickson being interviewed. She is the Librarian in Upsala, MN, and she is also the school librarian in that town. Needless to say, she is a very busy librarian. She uses yahoo calendar, and sends herself email reminders to help her be in the right place at the right time! It sounded as though she really enjoys her job, especially serving across several generations of patrons. I listened to(on the road to minitex)Sue Colten's podcast. She was newly retired from Hennepin County Library after 42 years of service as the children's librarian. On Podcast.com I listened to President Barak Obama weekly state of the union...that one was a video podcast...so what's the difference between a video podcast and a youtube video..just that you can subscribe to the podcast? I liked Podcast.com...I think it was the easiest to use.
I had trouble with some of the directory sites: podcast.net wouldn't open at all, and some of the others required software to be downloaded, so had to steer clear of those.
I appreciated the EPN site...it gave me a little more information on podcasting. I really enjoyed the MPR site, and if I were going to subscribe to any podcasts that would be the site it would come from.

http://podcast.com/episode/35240174/55150/

My link is to an episode of "This Week in Photography" titled "070: Flickr, Narcissism and Self Portraiture."

No comments: